Skip to main content

Your Tenancy

When you become a tenant of The Community Housing Group, you will sign a tenancy agreement which is a legal contract. This agreement gives details of what your responsibilities are when living in our homes and neighbourhoods and what our responsibilities are as your landlord.

To help you manage your tenancy and home, a Neighbourhood Officer and Neighbourhood Warden will have responsibility for looking after your area. Their details will be given to you when you sign your tenancy and receive the keys to your new home.

If you have any questions about your tenancy, email us at

You will find the Tenancy Service Standards document, which sets out what you can expect from us, in the Information and Advice section of this website.

Ending your tenancy

There may be many different reasons why you want or need to end your tenancy. However, you must tell us as soon as possible if you wish to leave your home. You will find details of the amount of notice that you must give us before you move out of your home in your tenancy agreement. This is usually 28 days.

You can notify us by calling the Customer Service Centre on 0800 169 5454, giving notice in writing or by visiting our offices at Community House, Stourport Road, Kidderminster DY11 7QE.

After you have told us you are leaving, our Voids Inspector will visit you in your home to carry out a property inspection. They will

  • check the condition of the property
  • let you know about any possible charges
  • ask you to sign the Notice to Quit if you have not done so already
  • confirm what the final arrangements are for handing back your keys including when, where and by what time.

For more information about the Notice to Quit process or if you are giving notice as a Next of Kin or Executor, please visit the Ending Your Tenancy section.