Terms of Reference
To provide a link between the governing body and customers to ensure that customers are able to contribute to strategic decision making and inform the development of customer services.
Contribute to effective co-regulation by reviewing and scrutinising the delivery of customer services and hold The Group to account where performance falls below these targets.
7 Members, appointed through an open skill based recruitment process. The majority must be tenants.
Co-optees up to a maximum total Group size of 9.
- Governance and Regulation Manager
- Executive Director (Vestia & Corporate Services)
- Directors and Service Heads as appropriate.
Term of Office: Two terms of three years.
- Performance across all customer services within the Group
- Customer involvement strategy to ensure that it is operating effectively and delivering the key objectives
- Implemented actions emerging from each Scrutiny review
- Customer feedback including complaints and satisfaction
- Programme of scrutiny reviews.
- Regulatory consumer standards
- Service standards
- Serviced by the Governance and Regulation Manager
- Minimum of six times per year
- Chair - A Member appointed through open skills based recruitment process
- Quorum - A minimum of 5 members (3 of which must be tenants)
- Minutes - draft minutes to be produced and agreed with the Chair within 5 working days of meetings.
Approving & Receiving
- Performance reports
- Feedback and outcomes of customer consultation and involvement
- Annual programme of scrutiny reviews
- Customer related policies and procedures
- Business Plan/corporate priorities (annually).
- Group Board.
Appointment to Advisers
- Appointment of independent advisers as required to deliver its objects.
Fixed Agenda Items
- Performance Reports (for all Customer services)
- Scrutiny Reports
- Asset Management and Development updates
- Housing updates
- Governance and Regulation updates as appropriate
- Value for Money updates
- Future consultation and involvement plans.