What We Do
The parent company provides the corporate services for the Group and is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the work and performance of all the subsidiaries. The teams within the Parent company are located at our Headquarters in Kidderminster and offer expertise and delivery in the following services:
- Governance and Board Members services
- Quality Accreditation
- Financial Services
- Risk Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Pay Roll
- Administration and Secretarial Services
- Facilities Management
- Insurance Services
- Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
- Customer Satisfaction monitoring
- Market/Business Research
- Performance monitoring
- Business Excellence/Improvement
- Business Planning
- Business Support
- Policy and Procedure development and control
- Human Resources
- Health and Safety
Wyre Forest Community Housing (WFCH) is the founder member of The Community Housing Group Ltd (TCHG), a social business and one of Worcestershire's largest Registered Provider (RP) of social housing. WFCH provides and manages general needs and sheltered housing homes for the Group. It is an exempt charity and registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
Management services are provided by neighbourhood teams.
WFCH has been at the forefront in developing and delivering specialist Anti Social Behaviour Services, Neighbourhood Wardens, Financial Inclusion, Neighbourhood Management and Family Intervention all of which have received recognition for excellence.
WFCH has an agency agreement with Wyre Forest District Council for the delivery of Homelessness and Housing Advice Services and has successfully retained this contract since the transfer. The Housing Needs Team provides a one-stop shop for housing advice and assistance, different housing options from affordable rent, private sector links, through to affordable home ownership.
The Housing teams offer expertise in delivery of all the following services to customers in the Wyre Forest area:
- Development of New Homes/Shared Ownership/Quality and energy efficient rented accommodation with modern facilities
- Homelessness and Housing Advice Service
- Housing Management and Support Services
- Neighbourhood Management, Rent Collection, Arrears Recovery and Debt Counselling Services
- Anti-Social Behaviour Unit and Neighbourhood Warden Service
- WFCH works in partnership with its sister company Worcestershire TeleCare to provide an accredited Alarm Response Service to its customers. It provides a range of services to promote independent living including equipment and adaptations, and home and personal care services through Care & Support24. In partnership with Care & Repair Worcestershire, WFCH provides Disabled Facilities Grant works
- The Company has gained a wealth of experience in the delivery of Care Services and continues to seek opportunities to expand its partnerships and area of operation into new markets
- It has continued to widen its customer base, lead the way in the development of cross District and County partnerships and has expanded its service and product offering
Care & Support24 is a specialist home and personal care service delivered on behalf of The Community Housing Group.
The service is provided by highly trained and experienced professionals and is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Flexible Care Plans which are regularly reviewed, ensure that the customer receives exactly the right amount of support which can be adapted as their needs change.
Oakleaf Commercial Services is a company limited by shares (all of which are held by The Community Housing Group).
Between March 2000 and December 2013, Oakleaf was previously the Property Services Department of Wyre Forest Community Housing (WFCH). Property Services traded as CHG Property Services, Oakleaf Grounds Services and Bespoke Joinery Services.
Oakleaf provides high quality building maintenance, development, joinery and grounds maintenance services for a growing portfolio of customers across the West Midlands and surrounding counties (within a 50 mile radius of our Kidderminster HQ).
The business has an annual turnover of circa £18m per annum and employs a highly skilled workforce of over 220 across a number of disciplines including trades staff, joiners, gardeners, technical staff and administrative staff. It has a large apprenticeship training programme supported by Vestia Community Trust, and a reputation for employing and developing young people in the areas that they work.
Oakleaf provides a comprehensive range of services including:
- Responsive repairs
- Building construction
- Disabled facility adaptations
- Grounds maintenance
- Bespoke joinery service
- Manufacturing and installation of PVC-u windows and doors
- Energy Team
- Heating and Electrical Services
Worcestershire TeleCare provides a range of telecare solutions linked to a state of the art 24 hour monitoring and response centre. The service provides peace of mind for service users, their families, friends or carers, knowing that help is available day or night, 365 days of the year.
In January 2008, TCHG was successful in leading a bid for the future ownership and development of the service in a unique partnership involving four of the leading registered social landlords in Worcestershire. The new Worcestershire TeleCare partnership began on 1st April 2008.
The Worcestershire TeleCare Partnership
The establishment of the Worcestershire TeleCare Partnership involving the Fortis Group/Worcester Community Housing, Rooftop Housing Group, The Community Housing Group and 3 Worcestershire Councils created an exciting opportunity to develop both telecare and complementary care and support services in the region.
The clear synergy which exists between the partners provides the scope to offer co-ordinated, new and innovative services to individuals and businesses, supporting vulnerable people in Worcestershire and the surrounding counties.
WTC’s vision is to help people lead safe, healthy, independent and fulfilling lives in a manner they would choose. They will ensure that through the partnership, access to services is affordable, widely available and tailored to suit the individual needs of customers.
Worcestershire Telecare is an exempt charity and registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
Vestia Community Trust was established as part of TCHG to focus working in partnership with others to deliver services that transform the lives of individuals, families and communities. It believes that the best services are those that meet the actual needs of the customer, recognising them as individuals and building on their strengths.
Vestia income is generated from a mixture of grants, contracts and 'intergroup' income to achieve its objectives. Wherever possible it seeks to align its work with community, local and national priorities, bringing drive, innovation and a proven track record of delivering quality outcomes.
Vestia’s work covers three areas:
- Communities – using community development tools to support residents to have a greater say and role in the delivery of key services in their areas, including TCHG landlord services and the management community assets such as parks and community halls. This work includes the delivery of large lottery funded programmes such as Big Local
- Families – using a key worker approach, Vestia helps families facing multiple disadvantages to transform their lives and enable them to take back control and achieve family goals
- Training – from a foundation of managing TCHG employee learning and development, Vestia provides one to one support and training to help long term unemployed into secure employment
Vestia Community Trust is an exempt charity and registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.